Monday, March 7, 2011

Who's Your Inspiration?

Day 16: Post of photo of someone who inspires you. 


This one is really, really hard. Have you ever really sat down to think about someone who inspires you? It's actually a very challenging question.


Obviously, I'm inspired by my family. I'm inspired by my mother, my sister, my Nana, my dad, my friends and my husband. They've all inspired me in ways they'll never know. 


Another person that I think is truly inspirational (other than Oprah because we all know I love her) is:



Elizabeth Edwards

She's really inspirational in a few ways. 

1. She had a long, hard battle with cancer. Anyone who has been on this journey deserves an amazing amount of respect. Her last public statement was incredibly moving. This is my favorite part:

"You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined."

2. She lost a child, something no woman should ever have to go through. But she underwent fertility treatments, even though she was older, and had 2 children at 48 and 50.

3. Her marriage fell apart in front of the entire nation. A scandalous affair and illegitimate child surfaced amongst the ordeal, but she handled the whole situation with grace and dignity. 

4. She was a strong part of her husband's political campaign and fought for issues that he didn't necessarily agree with, like universal healthcare and gay marriage. 

I haven't read any of her books, but I fully intend to put them on my list. She's certainly an inspiration to every woman.  

Who's your inspiration?

No comments: