Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who Knew Moving Was Expensive?

I took a look at the photo challenge for the day, and it's starting to really trip me up. 


1. Post of a photo of something that's had a major impact on your life recently. 


Mmmkay. I'm not so sure what to post to go with this. I would post a photo of the sandbox that my hubby currently resides in because that certainly has made a huge impact on my life, but I don't want to give away his location. 


The house has impacted our life, but I've already posted a photo of that. 


So I'm at a loss.


On a side note, I got a quote from the movers today to move us about 16 miles. 


$1700

Holy meatballs! Yes, that's right. Onethousandsevenhundreddollars. Crap.


The online quotes I got earlier were anywhere from $400-$1000, so this one knocked me on my butt. However, they seem really reliable. Something I'm not sure about with the other companies. 


Good thing hubs doesn't read my blog religiously, or he probably just passed out. He doesn't think we need movers anyway. He thinks I can round up our friends and pay them in pizza and beer. That worked when we were 22. Not so much now. We have far more crap. Nicer crap. Also, dearest hubs, you left me to do this on my own. Thanks. Movers are essential. 


Love ya though! 



No comments: