Monday, March 21, 2011

Fitness Update

It's been a while since we've talked about my fitness/weight loss. So, let's take a look, shall we?

Fitness

Lately, I've been loving Exercise TV On Demand from Verizon. They have so many workouts, so I don't get bored. Plus, they have a special section for brides! "But, Heather, you aren't a bride?!"

That's correct, I'm not a bride. However, I am a Matron of Honor for my sister on June 11, and I will be sporting a strapless dress. Soooo, though these workouts are targeted at brides, they really work your arms and bridesmaids need a little love too. 

I do still head to the gym as well. I try to get to Spinning class and when I'm not doing that, I'm working it out on the elliptical. 

I'm averaging 4 days a week working out. I really should be doing 6, but it's really hard to find the motivation for that. Let's be serious. 

Eating

I've been pretty good since hubs has been gone. Except for Friday when I had a chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the cupcake truck lady. I'm still loosely following Weight Watchers. I apply the portions to my diet, but I don't count points closely like I used to.

I still cook for myself almost every night. Tonight, I made some homemade peanut noodles. You should make them because they were awesome and I totally made this recipe up on my own. You'll want to double this if you're making it for two. Let me know what you think!

Heather's Totally Awesome Peanut Noodles

2 ounces wheat spaghetti
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 small red pepper, julienned
1 cup broccoli slaw
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch of salt

Sauce
1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ginger (fresh)
1 tsp cilantro (dried)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat oil in saute pan and cook veggies until tender crisp. In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add to veggies and pasta. Enjoy! 


Weight

No, I'm not telling you the number. But I have lost almost 10 pounds since October.


Gotta keep on keeping on! 



No comments: