I think a good portion of it is due to the ungodly amounts of rain we've been receiving over the past few weeks. It's seriously affecting my mood. I'm a sunshine girl and the lackthereof, has been making me irritable. Wah.
Here are some things that have been making me smile though:
- The Walking Dead is On Demand. I know...you're probably asking yourself "Heather, why do zombies make you happy?" I have no idea. But that show keeps me on the edge of my seat.
- The basement is so close to being done I can taste it. Or maybe that was the paint drippings I got in my mouth. Or my eyes, or hair... Hubs and I are not the prettiest painters, but we're getting the job done. We just need some carpet after all the paint is up and we're ready for action.
- Speaking of flooring, I'm getting a quote to have our laminate flooring extended into the dining room. Currently, we have white carpet under the dining table. You can imagine how much of a hot mess that is...especially with my eating habits. Hubs is arguing with me that it's not essential. I beg to differ. After all, my sanity is essential, right? Happy wife, happy life.
- I'm headed out to Pittsburgh this weekend to see Pamela, Amanda and my favorite 10-month old (Amanda's daughter, Becca.) I haven't seen her since she was 3 months and now she's crawling all over the place. I can't freaking wait.
- I'm going Yankee candle shopping with my friend Julie tonight. It's out semi-annual trip. We get coupons in the mail twice a year and then we make a trip to stock up. Looks like I'll be getting some new fall/holiday scents. Then we'll be hooking up with our husbands for some dinner, since they haven't seen each other in 2 weeks. Their bromance sometimes scares me.
In the meantime, I'm going to go drink some more coffee to put a little pep in my step. And do dance to make the rain go away.