Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mod Podge Madness

Do you know what happens when I have a long weekend AND unlimited access to Pinterest AND my power back? Many crafty hours, that's what. It looks like Martha Stewart threw up all over my kitchen table. 


First? I had fun with letters from Michaels, scrapbook paper, Mod Podge and my hot glue gun. 


I made this for my fireplace:
Hubs said to me after I put it up, "Thank God you made that sign. I'm always wondering what season it is. Now all I have to do is look at the fireplace." Smartass.

I purchased the letters from Michaels, along with the scrapbook paper, and single piece of plywood located conveniently next to the letters. 

To make, trace the shape of your letters on paper and cut. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the letter and apply paper. Then cover with another generous coat and let dry. I also used the same technique using strips of leftover paper to cover the base. Then, I just arranged the letters and hot glued them to the base. Super easy.

Next up? Something for Halloween:
I had problems taking this picture for some reason, but you get the idea. I used the same technique here for the letters, tied them together with ribbon and added some ghosts. For these letters, I did paint the edges black. In hindsight, I should have simply spray painted them before starting, but since I wasn't smart enough to think of that first, I hand painted the edges. 

You thought that was all I got? Heck no! But I'm saving that for another post. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny Heather...hubby's always need a little reminder about lot's of things.
I'm visiting from Like a Box of Choclates blog hop,I'm new follower,come follow back if ya can.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Unknown said...

These are some great projects - how cute!!