Monday, October 17, 2011

Upside Down Pizza Casserole

Does anyone else think the weekends too short? I do. I'm all for 3 day weekends every week. 


But, alas, it's back to the grind. Work, working out, cleaning, cooking. With hubs pitching in to help me cook a few times a week, I definitely feel like my load is a bit lighter. I'm starting him out small though. Here's a recipe that I've made before (which is delicious, by the way), and I'm pretty sure it's simple enough for him to be able to do himself. 


Upside Down Pizza Casserole
Source: bhg.com via Audra on Pinterest



1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (chicken or turkey would work well too)
15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 - 10 ounce package of refrigerated biscuits
Salt and pepper to taste
I also added in some basil and Italian seasoning


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, brown beef, drain fat. Add tomato sauce and seasoning, heat through. Add mixture to a greased casserole dish. Top with cheese. Flatten biscuits and add to the top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.


This also makes fab leftovers for your lunch :) 


Happy Monday!

No comments: