Thursday, October 13, 2011

Let's talk about things that are under appreciated. Those everyday conveniences and indulgences that make your day that much better. 

I have several things. Things that make me happy. That make my days worthwhile. Are some petty and largely insignificant to my survival? Sure. Are others crucial to my person? Yep.

1. Coffee. I love it. And I know that when I get pregnant, I must give this up. But until that time comes, you'll see me slurping down 16-24 ounces almost daily. 2 Splendas, 2 creamers. Love.

2. Mascara. This is the one beauty product that I have to have. I'm obsessed with good mascara. When I put it on, it makes me feel ten times better about my appearance. 

3. A good book. I'm a HUGE reader. I average a few books a month. Well, probably 2, but when I get on a kick, that can jump from 3-4. Right now? I'm reading Saving CeeCee Honeycut. I highly recommend it.

4. Puppies. This morning, I was randomly thinking about what life would be like without my dogs. And although I tend to bitch about  their annoying habits, I really don't want to imagine life without their furry butts.

5. Cell phone. Seriously, what did people do before cell phones? What happened when you got stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire? Or were running late for a meeting? We love our cells so much that we don't even have a home phone. AND I'm super excited that I'll be giving up my Samsung Rogue in t-minus 11 days for an iPhone!!!

6. Hot water. This is a grossly under appreciated amenity. I can tell you that before our 4 day power outage, I took my hot showers for granted. After? I thank the good Lord for my hot water heater.

7. Erin Condren Life Planner. Yes, I hopped right on board that train once the word of these planners spread like wildfire across the blogosphere. I love it. It keeps me organized in so many ways. Like planning meals, tracking workouts, keeping work tasks organized. Plus, it's pretty. I like pretty things.

8. iPod. I went many years without one and now that I have one? I'll never go back. Hubs got me a blue Nano 2 years ago for Christmas. It's my workout companion and friend on long car rides. 

9. Crockpot. Who doesn't love it when they can walk in their house and dinner is already done? If you don't, we probably shouldn't be friends. The crockpot is the most useful kitchen product I own. Ribs, chili, soup, porkchops? You name it, I've cooked it in the crockpot. 

10. Wine. Once upon a time, I only drank wine to get drunk. Do I still do that sometimes? Well, sure. But I've also developed an appreciation for the process of making wine, along with the complexity of it's flavor. Perhaps it's my visits to one too many wineries. Either way, my wine rack is currently stocked.

What do you appreciate?

1 comment:

Cole said...

I totally took hot water for granted until I was without water of ANY kind for almost a week last winter.

I can't imagine life without my pups either!