Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

First off, I see that I have some new followers! Hi! Thanks for stopping by my little slice of the Interwebs. Hope you enjoy your stay. Leave me a comment and introduce yourself!


Second, yes, you read that title right. Yesterday morning for breakfast, I decided to bust out my culinary skills and whipped up the hubs some seasonal pancakes.


When we were first married (you know, almost five years ago...we're so old), I used to make breakfast every Saturday. But then, life got in the way, and it felt like Saturday breakfasts suddenly weren't a priority. 


But this weekend, I decided it was time to bring that back. There had been a pumpkin spice pancake recipe floating around Pinterest, but I decided to put my own spin on it. Plus, I used Bisquick. Because it's convenient. 


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


2 cups Bisquick (I used the Heart Healthy mix to make it a little healthier)
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I like Libby's)
2 tbsp sugar 
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more, if you're a chocoholic like myself)


Pretty simple, really. Mix all the ingredients together. Spray a hot griddle/pan with nonstick spray. Flip when the edges are firm and the middle starts to bubble. 



Finished product. You can see the "mistake" pancakes are on the bottom. I swear, it was the pan's fault. Hubs consistently makes fun of me because my pancakes never, ever look good. Not like you'd get in a restaurant. But they always taste good, and that's what counts.


If you ask me, I don't think these even need syrup. But that's just me :) Enjoy!


1 comment:

chocolate fountains said...

Nice blog.
Good job.
Keep going.
Thanks for sharing.