Friday, February 18, 2011

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Day 7 - Post a photo of your most treasured item.


Ok, this could be viewed as totally cliche. But my item is...




Yes, that's right. It's my engagement ring and wedding band. Not only because it's the most expensive piece of jewelry I own, but because it represents my marriage. 


Hubs picked out the engagement ring all by himself. I never told him what I wanted. He only took hints from pieces of jewelry I liked, or things I would pick out in magazines. I found out later that he'd purposely place the jewelry flyers on the table and watch me go through them to see what I liked. 


I do have a unique advantage. My uncle is a jeweler. And I have an aunt with fantastic taste. Nile told them what he wanted, and they gave him options they knew I would love. 


And they were so right. 


Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that ring to come from my, then 22 year old, boyfriend. When we got engaged, I couldn't stop staring at it for weeks. It would catch my eye while I was driving, writing, talking. Doing anything, really. But when I look at it, it always reminds me of him. 

No comments: