Wednesday, February 9, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge!

My friend, Katie, recently told me about this thing one of her friends is doing one Facebook. The 30 Day Photo Challenge. And since she's amazing and always thinking about ways to help a sista's blog out, she suggested that I partake in such a challenge...blog style. 


Day 1: Post a photo of yourself and 10 facts about you.



Oh, hello!


Fun Facts About Heather

1. As you can see from the photo above, I served as a groomswoman in one of my best friends' weddings. Fact.

2. I'm allergic to 52 things including cockroaches. Mostly trees, mold and other green, leafy plant life. 

3. My high school nickname was Pixie, given to me by my field hockey coach. Apparently, my small stature and appearance in running spandex made me look like a pixie. It stuck.

4. I flew for the first time when I was 23 to Las Vegas for a work conference. 

5. I have an irrational fear of jaywalking and being struck by lightening.

6. Twins run in my family. My Nana's sister and brother and my grandfather's brothers. They apparently skip a generation. Needless to say, my cousins and I are on the lookout. 

7. I once drove my car into a ticket booth in a parking garage...with the ticket attendant inside. By accident, obviously. It was a sharp turn!

8. Just by smelling, I can tell you the difference between pig, cow and chicken manure. A skill obtained by growing up in a small farm town with the Amish.

9. From age 8 to about 15, I wanted to be a marine biologist. Mostly because I wanted to swim with the dolphins. Then reality set in...and I got a degree in Public Relations. Good thing, because Shamu's cousin killed its trainer. 

10. I took black and white film photography in college. I even know how to develop my own film using a dark room.

Now you know a little bit more about what makes me tick. Stay tuned for the next 29 days of photo fun!

No comments: