Monday, January 3, 2011

These Are A Few of My Favorite Thingsssss!

I love Oprah. And I don't care who knows it. 


I watched the launch of O.W.N., her new network, this weekend while I was recovering from my New Year's Eve hangover. She makes me feel warm and fuzzy with all her feel good, live your life better, type shows. Because, let's face it, everyone needs a good dose of motivation. I know I do.


As an ode to my one my most favorite Oprah shows of the year (cue fanatical screaming...) I'm going to do my version of Favorite Things. Except in my version, no one wins anything...except the new found knowledge of some things I think are pretty great.



  1. Silk Pure Almond - Dark Chocolate - Delicious, chocolate flavored almond milk. Pure delight.
  2. Vitatops - In the old Weight Watchers system, these babies were just one point. You usually can only get 2 flavors at your local supermarket (deep chocolate and golden corn), however I just ordered a crap-ton (yes, that's an accurate term of measurement) from the Internets. Do it yourself at www.vitalicious.com. WARNING: These are very high in fiber. I do not recommend eating more than one at a time. Unless you have a steel stomach. I found this one out the hard way.
  3. Just Dance 2 - If you haven't read my review...please reference an earlier post. It rocks. And I've sufficiently mastered Proud Mary AND the crazy Bollywood song.
  4. Skype - This has been a savior for hubs and I over the last 8 months. If you aren't familiar with it, it's free video chat. FREE. All you need is a webcam and microphone. I don't know how I would have gotten by without it.
  5. Body Shop All In One Face Base - I have tried a laughable amount of foundations in my makeup-wearing years. Usually, they have something I really hate about them. They look unnatural, feel heavy, wear off, don't blend...you get the idea. But this...THIS is the ultimate in foundations. It's a powdery, silky, full-coverage foundation that I couldn't recommend more. If you have normal - oily skin, it's for you.  Get it here!
  6. Vera Bradley Wristlet - Ok, ok. Those of you that know me, know that I have a slight obsession with all things Vera Bradley. And I totally got my mom and sister on the bandwagon. By far, one of my favorite things is the wristlet. My mom actually got it for herself and decided she didn't like it (for shame!), but then passed it on to me (victory!) And now I use it all the time. I suggest you buy one too at www.verabradley.com.
  7. Vera Bradley Weekender - And while we're at it, I might as well mention my other most favorite Vera purchase...the Weekender. Perfect for...that's right...weekends away!
  8. Water for Elephants - I recently read this book upon recommendation from a friend, and it was definitely one of the best books I read all year. The premise is a young man, whose parents are killed in a car accident, drops out of veterinary school to join a traveling circus. Intrigued? You should be. Plus, it's being made into a movie that's coming out in the Spring, starring Reese Witherspoon (love) and Robert Pattinson (hate...but oh well.)
  9. Eddie Bauer Ice Scraper Mitt - My mom got me my first ice scraper mitt when I was in high school, and I laughed at it's silliness. But let me tell you something, ice scraper mitts are genius. Keep your hand warm, while scraping your windshield? Check. "But Heather, just wear a glove!" Sometimes, you forget your gloves. Or misplace them. Or are too lazy to put them on. Ice scraper mitt to the rescue! Luckily, I got another one for Christmas this year. I highly recommend the Eddie Bauer brand.
  10. Lands End Down Jacket - This was another Christmas gift. It's the perfect winter coat. Waterproof, super warm, and not too poofy...so you don't feel like you're straight out of a Christmas Story. And, lucky for you, they're on sale!

No comments: