Monday, January 31, 2011

House Hunting

Since Hubs has been home, we've been frantically searching for a house. We've looked at far too many for me to count and still haven't found "the one." 


I fully acknowledge that we're probably being pretty picky, however when you're dropping that kind of dough on a place to live, I think being picky is acceptable. Plus, I'm fully prepared to stay in this house for many years. Quite frankly, I'm really sick of moving. We've moved 5 times since 2005 and I'm over it!


There have been a few things I've observed during our house hunt (and I apologize in advance if I offend anyone.)


1. Why wallpaper? And why is obscenely ugly flower patterns? I'll never understand this. Even though I grew up with a half wallpapered house, I don't have a taste for it.


2. As a seller, why would you stay at the house while it's being shown? When we sold our first house, I would never dream of hanging out while a potential buyer is wondering around. We've encountered this a few times so far, and each time it's made us cross the house off the list. 


3. Pick up your crap. I don't really want to trip over your sneakers and dirty towels. 


4. Wooden toilet seats should never have been made.


5. Leaving your dog at home while I'm trying to walk around your house does nothing but distract and annoy me. Unless it's an adorable puppy. Not a yappy schnauzer. 


Those are just a few of the annoyances I can think of right now. We're going out this week to see more and we're really hoping we find one to buy. If we don't before hubs goes back to work, we'll have to wait 3 more months! 

No comments: