Monday, January 10, 2011

Manic Monday

I knew today wasn't going to be a good Monday. 


First, on my way to the shower this morning, I look in my closet to figure out what to wear and all I see is disaster. Half the shelving/closet rods are on the floors with piles of clothes on top of them. Seriously? Somehow, after a year and a half, the closet decides it's had enough and collapses. Ugh. Fine. At least they were all Nile's clothes.


Second, I started my Monday the way everyone should...getting blood work done at the hospital. No, don't worry, nothing's wrong. I got a new doc and she wanted to get a baseline for my chart. But still, needles suck. And so does giving up 4 vials for blood.


In general, besides a monster headache, my workday went just fine.


Then, I come home to find Peanut with a bloody, puss-filled ear. The poor pup has all kinds of ear problems. I've probably spent $2,000 on her ears. So, off to the vet we went. The vet actually scared the living beeejeeebusss out of me because he scanned her for a brain tumor. Apparently, blood in the ear is not only a sign of infection, but possible tumor. After a scary looking scan, that I knew was hiking up my bill, the vet diagnosed her with 2 ear infections and an eye infection and allergies, but no visible tumor. My bill? $295. TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE DOLLARS! Now I get the joy of giving 2 pills and drops in both ears and her eye, twice a day for 14 days. And, yeah, she loves that as much as you'd think. 


The silver lining out of all of this is that hubs comes home on Wednesday!!! Providing the stupid snow stays away. FINALLY he'll be home. Not sure for how long, but he's coming home and that's all that matters. Looks like we'll be doing a marathon house hunt :)

No comments: