And since I did the legwork for you, let me give you a rundown of the best reality TV shows you aren't watching (because I know you're already watching Teen Mom and Real Housewives):
- Downsized on WE: This show follows the Bruce family. A blended, Brady-bunch like clan who went from living a life of luxury when dad, Todd's construction business was booming, to losing everything when the housing market tanked. You follow the family, which includes Laura (mom), her 5 kids, including a set of triplets, dad (Todd) and his 2 kids and the family dog, as they try to get by in this economy. You'll even pick up a few tips for yourself on how to save a buck.
- Chopped on Food Network: This show takes 4 gourmet chefs, gives them a basket full of the most random ingredients, and lets them loose to make an appetizer, entree and dessert with said ingredients (the other day, the basket had cotton candy, papaya and dried mango). After each course, however, someone is cut from the show until it's the last man (or women) standing.
- My Strange Addiction on TLC: Granted, I've only seen one episode of this, but I can guarantee I'll see some more. This follows people that have really weird, off the wall addictions. The one I watched followed a woman that was addicted to sleeping with her blowdryer, a woman who sucks her thumb and a woman who was addicted to eating toilet paper. Yeah. It's for real.
- House Hunters International on HGTV: Where else are you going to see someone looking for a house in a foreign country...from start to finish? Nowhere, my friends. Nowhere.
- Bridezillas on WE: This show follows insane brides as they plan their big day. Tantrums, fist fights and all.
Now, I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking of...there's just too much reality TV for me to handle right now. But I'm sure I'll have a Second Edition to this post.
Happy TV Watching!