Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weight Watchers 2.0

I finally bit the bullet and actually paid to join Weight Watchers last week. Previously, I had been using one of many counterfit points calculators that are plastered over the Internets and just praying that it was right.

I lost some weight...about 6 pounds total. However, that's not quite the kind of weight loss I expected.

Last week, hubs stepped off the plane and he was 25 pounds lighter! Which, obviously, motivated me even more. Apparently, giving up beer and biking 20 minutes a day is recipe for weight loss for him. I wish it were that easy for me.

Anyway, this is my first official week on the new PointsPlus system. I'm doing it online because, quite frankly, I won't go to the meetings. I'd like to say that I would, but I'd be lying.

I've been busting my butt to get to the gym. I've taken up Spinning again. I forgot how much I really liked it and how great of a workout it is!

My workouts for this week? Two days of spinning, one day of Yoga Meltdown with Jillian Michaels (which really isn't Yoga at all), and one day Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Tomorrow I'm going to do some lame treadmill/elliptical cardio and weight training.

My weigh in is tomorrow, however, I weighed myself this morning and I've lost...get ready for it...ZERO POUNDS! How is that EVEN POSSIBLE?! I've followed the points and exercised. But nothing. The only explanation I have, other than the fact that I think God is trying to punish me for something, is that I'm PMSing this week. Which means, for me at least, a lot of water retention (aren't you glad you know that?)

I got some encouragement from my Aunt Wendy today, who's had major success with WW. Thank goodness for those words of encouragement, because I wanted to call and get my $50 back after I stepped on the scale this morning.

We'll see what next week holds. I can tell you that this weekend will be a challenge. I'm saving all my activity and flex points for a shin-dig we're having on Saturday night. And they're almost all going to wine and vodka. Which isn't good...I know. But it's just reality.

No comments: