Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Typical Saturday Morning

This is the kind of thing that happens on a regular basis on Saturday mornings at our house. It goes a little something like this:

Nile walks down the stairs at about 10 AM, and sits down on the couch beside me:

Nile: "What's for breakfast?"
Me: "Whatever you want to make yourself."
Nile: "Oh."

5 minutes later

Nile: "What's for breakfast?"
Me: "I told you, whatever you feel like getting off your butt and making for yourself."
Nile: "Eggs?"
Me: "Sure, we have those."

Nile walks to the kitchen. I hear the fridge open.

Nile: "Are these eggs any good?"
Me: "Well, Nile, what is the expiration date?"
Nile: "February 5"

Silence.

He proceeds to put the eggs on the counter and stare at them. I'm pretty sure he's secretly hoping if he stares at them long enough, they'll jump out of the carton and cook themselves.

After a few minutes of that, he comes up to me and pushes on my nose with his finger.

Me: "What are you doing?"
Nile: "I'm pushing the 'make me eggs' button."
Me: "It's out of order."

Silence.

Then he proceeds to shake his butt and dance around the kitchen.

Me: "What the hell are you doing?"
Nile: "This is the 'make me eggs' dance. Is it working?"
Me: "No."

I laugh and walk away. Then I hear, "Screw it! I'm making Ramen Noodles."

No comments: