Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dinner for Busy People

I hate to cook.

Correction...I hate to cook after I've already put in a full day of work, time at the gym, and driven a 60 mile round trip. So I'm always psyched when I find a great recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make, is healthy and tastes good. And because I know there are a million other people that are in the same boat as myself, I'd like to share these stellar finds with you.

This recipe comes from Real Simple magazine (aka the best magazine ever.)

Pork Chops with Dijon Mustard Sauce

4 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp dried thyme
salt
pepper

In nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season chops with salt and pepper to taste, and place in hot skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove cooked chops from skillet and set aside.

Pour wine in the skillet, scraping the browned bits for a spoon. Let wine simmer and begin to reduce. Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let simmer for a minute or two. Add dijon mustard and heavy cream, heat through. Serve with brown rice and a steamed vegetable (like green beans or broccoli.)

Bon appetit!

No comments: