What do I have for you today? Some random thoughts.
- I just tried Chocolate Peppermint Luna bars for the first time ever. I can't believe it's taken me so long! If you haven't tried them, I suggest hitting up your nearest retailer (they were on sale at Target last week) and scooping them up. Delish. 180 calories. 12 grams of sugar. Not too shabby. I ate one for breakfast with some fruit.
- Speaking of food, I made Skinny Taste's Chocolate Chip Scones last night. Also delicious and 199 calories. Although, if you're not used to the taste of wheat flour, it could be hard to get past. You could probably play with the ratio of wheat to white flour. But clearly hubs enjoyed them because he had 2.5. Speaking of Skinny Taste, I made her Stuffed Cabbage Casserole the other night as well. It was awesome! I highly recommend making this on a Sunday and having the leftovers all week.
- Hubs' job is slowly driving me to drink. One day he says he's traveling. The next he's not. They need to make up their minds already so I can prepare myself mentally.
- Speaking of drinking, I think I've found my new favorite cheap wine. I got myself a bottle of Gewurztraminer from Sutter Home (vintage 2007.) Very smooth white. If you know anything about me, you know I base my cheap (because I don't always drink on a budget) wine consumption on alcohol content. No 7.5% fruit juice for me. The biggest bang for your buck is 11% minimum. And this bottle? 13%. $5.99. Can't beat it. (I kind of sound like a drunk now, right? I swear I'm not.)
- I'm in love with my Kindle Fire. I pretty much have it with me at all times when I'm home. I stalk Facebook, check my email, play Words with Friends (heatherjp12...play with me and you're guaranteed to win because I'm AWFUL,) Plants vs. Zombies. And, oh yeah, I read. Speaking of, I'm on the third book of the Hunger Games series. If you haven't picked it up yet, this series is a MUST read. Even hubs is on board. I'll be looking forward to the movie release in March!
- I only have a four day week this week because we have a friend visiting from Chicago. Today is Tuesday, but it's really my Wednesday. Booyah!
- I haven't been on Twitter in over a month. I should really get back to it, especially since I have my Kindle with me at all times...or my iPhone. I'm surrounded my technology.
- By the way, did you know my husband has a blog? You should read it. I triple dog dare you not to laugh out loud. His sense of humor was a definite reason I married him. Only he knows how to make me laugh so hard I piss my pants. True.