Thursday, January 26, 2012

Body Backfire

This week has been, well, how should I say it? Shit? Yes. Shit. For no reason in particular. 


This past weekend we had a friend come in from Chicago for a visit. Which meant that I didn't stick to my routines that I love so much. Instead, I inserted pizza, candy and wine into my mouth. Workouts? Well, I did make it to yoga on Saturday morning, but that was the best I could muster. Needless to say, the weekend of indulgence left me feeling like a pile of Wiggle poop. And on top of that? My stomach decided to give me all kinds of fits. I'll spare you the details. And AM workouts this week? Didn't happen. Not.a.one. For shame.


I've desperately tried to get back into the swing of life this week. Getting my workouts in and for the love of all things green, get some vegetables back into my system. The closest thing I had to a veggie this weekend was the baked potato served to me with no utensils at Medieval Times. Which I promptly picked up and shoved in my face, barbarian style. Now, I'm not complaining. It was a fabulous time. But my body is paying me back. Especially with that extra pound I gained from eating like a garbage truck. 


Exhibit A: Medieval Times (Hubs, Houseguest *Colin*, Christopher)


This week has been about getting some sleep, getting some exercise, getting some greens and hopefully, removing some lard. I was doing so well and this is a minor set back in progress. Guess it goes to show you that once you change your eating/exercising habits, straying away can make you feel even worse. 


Clearly, I skipped Fitness Friday last week. I was too busy hanging out at the Inner Harbor guzzling some cocktails. I did get in 5 workouts last week regardless. Two of them were yoga, and although it's great for toning, it doesn't burn a ton of calories. 


What's for dinner tonight? I'm going carb-less. 


Easy Garlic Chicken
Source: food.com via Heather on Pinterest


And warm broccoli slaw with peanut dressing. A recipe that I'm making up myself. I'll let you know how that one goes down. It can't be all bad, right? 

No comments: