Sunday, June 20, 2010

Negative Nancy

In general, I'm usually a pretty positive person. However, today I'm not feeling so positive.

First, I'm in immense amounts of pain from what I think is either an infection or dry socket in one of my tooth holes. I'm only allowed to take Advil and Vicodin every 4 hours, but for some reason, it's only helping for a little over 2 hours, making about 2 hours of agony for me.

I still can't eat anything other than soup, mashed potatoes, applesauce and ice cream...and it's getting very old.  In general, I like all of those foods, but it's very boring when they are your only options. And yes, I had ice cream for breakfast today. Don't judge me. I couldn't eat another bowl of soup or applesauce.

My mom left today because she has a life to get back to and that makes me very, very sad. I was so nice having her here. We obviously don't get to spend a lot of time together with her living in PA. She usually doesn't drive down here because she's scared of driving, but I'm proud to say that she drove all by herself this time. She had a few wrong turns, but she got back on track and made it :) I'm so very proud of her. And super thankful that she came to take care of me.

I miss Nile so much. He's been working like a crazy man, so even getting the time to talk to him has been hard. This is going to be my first full week without him. It's gonna be a long one, especially since I can't even keep myself busy by going to the gym because doc says I have to wait a few more days.

Ugh. Today, I'm a Negative Nancy. Sorry for the downer, but I needed to get it out. Tomorrow will be better, right?

No comments: