Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Over!!!

They're gone! The Wisdom teeth are outta here!

My mom took me on Friday morning. I worried the whole way there and paced around the waiting room until I was finally called back. The nurse could tell I was super nervous, so she gave me some laughing gas.

If you've never had laughing gas before, you're really missing out. This stuff is amazing! Yes, I giggled needlessly. My fingers and toes tingled. I didn't even feel the IV go in. All I remember saying to the doc and nurse before I passed out was, "Well, I guess I'll see you guys later!"

I woke up, super groggy, but still feeling pretty awesome. They brought my mom in. This is when I decided to just say whatever came to my mind. Apparently, I asked the nurse if I passed gas during the surgery. I didn't. Good news. Then, I told the doctor I thought he was very grumpy. Nice. Apparently I also told him that before surgery. Good thing he was a good sport. Then, I was trying to convince my mom that they removed my lips during surgery. I was so numb that I couldn't feel them, so I kept hitting myself in the face saying, "They cut off my lips!!!"

When my mom finally managed to get me to the car, I tried to call Nile and my sister. Apparently, though, I was making no sense to anyone. I don't remember any of that.

On the way home, mom got me a strawberry milkshake, upon recommendation from the doctor. I got home and attempted to drink it. Now, remember, I could not feel my face...so getting the milkshake into my mouth wasn't very easy. Mom had to sit beside me and wipe my chin after every bite. She's such a good sport! Also, I haven't had a milkshake in forever, and it was awesommmmme. Thanks, Burger King, for making a delicious shake and being located so close to my house.

Finally, I was prescribed Vicadin. Awesommmmeee! It really helps with the pain and also makes me feel very nice. It feels kind of like having 3 shots of vodka, but still being able to function. I can see how people get addicted to this stuff. Don't worry...I only have a few more doses. I don't plan on developing an addiction.

Last night, I was in a lot of pain in the middle of the night. Did I wake my mom up and ask her if I could take meds? Of course I did. I've resorted to being a 10 year-old this weekend. Mom cooks for me, medicates me, and pretty much makes sure I have whatever I need. I think she should just move in. I don't think Nile would care.

Well, it's about time for my nap and an ice pack. What a weekend :)

No comments: