Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's Been a Day

Today I finally took my running outside, instead of the treadmill. Turns out, it's way harder to run outside than on the treadmill. I would have thought the opposite. So, I'm a bit frustrated with my lack of ability to run for very long today. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. I talked to some hard-core runners this weekend and they were all telling me that it's mind over matter. Which is easier said than done when my legs feel like they're going to fall off.

In other news, hubs and I started the first leg of our long distance love affair today. The first stretch is about 3 weeks, so it will be a nice little test run. However, if one more person tells me that absence makes the heart grow fonder...I might punch them. Luckily, my first weekend away from him, I'll be in a narcotic-induced haze. Yes, that's right, the Wisdom teeth come out on Friday morning. Thank God for my mother. She's heading down to drive me around and nurse me back to health. If she didn't come, who knows what state my house and the dogs would be in.

I'm already starting to have anxiety about Friday. The other night, I had a terrifying nightmare about the whole process. It involved dentists with handsaws, blood covered aprons, and long hair...and they were European. It was very much like a scene out of the movie Hostel. If you've seen it, you'll understand my terror. If you haven't, I advise that you never, ever, watch it, unless you enjoy endless gore and a completely messed up and twisted plot.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm being the biggest baby, and I totally embrace that. However, anything that anyone says, including WebMD will not make me feel better until I wake up Friday morning after these bitches have been removed.

Until then, I'll just worry needlessly. Nothing new, really.

No comments: