Monday, June 28, 2010

Goal Check

It's been almost 6 months since I started my blog. Let's check in with the goals I set forth in my original post to see how far I've gotten!

1. Do some kind of charity/volunteer work once a month

Ok, this needs some work. Nile and I have good intentions, but it seems like life always gets in the way. We've made donations to several organizations, but we haven't put in the physical labor.

2. Get in shape!
This one, I'm working on! I'm currently training for a 5K at the end of August. I got a gym membership and average working out 3-4 times a week. I'm not near where I want to be yet, but I'm going to keep on pushing.
3. Get a massage by a professional
Last week, I looked up a few massage places and plan on scheduling one this month. Woohoo!
4. Travel to Europe
Nile and I saved our money and we're ready for our Europe trip. We planned it for the end of August, however, Nile's work got in the way and it looks like we'll be pushing it until the Spring.



5. Kiss the Blarney StoneSee above.


6. Get my picture taken with Big Ben (in London, not the football player)See two above.


7. Buy a new carDone and done! I bought a lovely 2010 Corolla in Magnetic Gray! It's delightful.


8. Send more cards to people for no specific reasonI definitely have not done this as much as I'd like to. Look for a card coming your way soon :)


9. See my family more often
I talk to my family (mainly mom and Nat) on a pretty regular basis. Pretty much every other day. Once Nile leaves for a while, I'll probably be making trips home way more often. Andddd, they will be coming to visit me way more often :)



10. Get the cancer butterfly tattoo with Natalie that we've been planning
We've decided on a design and have had it drawn. Now it's just the doing. We're looking at July or August. It's time to get this thing done!
11. Take advantage of the parks and beaches in our area
Nile and I definitely started off doing this. We discovered so many great beaches and parks within 20 minutes of our house. We've been to a few and definitely found our favorite. We'll continue to keep going.



12. Go on a picinic
We haven't done this yet this season, but it's definitely in the plans!



13. Learn to golfOk, this is something I really would like to do. However, in the name of realism, this is likely to not happen this year. Perhaps next. But definitely in my lifetime.


14. Keep up with my scrapbookingUgh. After I finished the wedding, I stalled out. I've got to kick this back up...I just need to get motivated.

Ok, so I haven't finished everything, but we're only half way through 2010. I'm hoping to knock a few of these off by the end of the year, but it's good to have a reminder of the goals I set!

No comments: