Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting Rid of Waste

The last time I moved, I happened to have the luxury of having a company pack for me. I thought it was fantastic. Especially because I hate to pack (have I mentioned that?)


Now, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd never have anyone pack for me again. Although packing makes me gag, there's something to be said about going through all your crap and throwing out/donating things that really have no use for you anymore. 


My packers last time wrapped EVERYTHING in paper (wasteful much?) and packed every single thing (including a small bag of trash from my bathroom...true story.) 


I might have bitched a few times about the fact that hubs isn't here to help me, but someones I think that's a blessing in disguise. He happens to be a bit of a hoarder (not TLC Hoarding Buried Alive-worthy, but you know what I mean.) I've thrown out bags of unwanted wires/empty CD cases and it's liberating. Because Lord knows I'm not moving that stuff into the new house. 


I've also been a bit obsessive compulsive in my packing documentation. I've recorded a box number for every room, writing it's contents in a notebook (I was going to make a spreadsheet, but I think that's overkill.) This time, I'm going to know where all my stuff is, instead of opening box after box just to find my corkscrew (because I need wine to help with unpacking...obviously.)


Today, it's marathon packing day because FRIDAY is the big move. I can't believe it's almost here! 

No comments: