Thursday, March 11, 2010

Working on My Fitness

Well, friends, I took my measurements 2 days ago to see how I'm doing with my flab break-up and it appears that I've lost an inch in my waist and half an inch in my thighs and arms! Woohoo!

I'm measuring every 2 weeks, upon recommendation from Amanda. I'm almost 4 weeks into this adventure, so I'm happy with the progress I've made. I've definitely seen my fitness level increase. I'm taking the "challenging" options at Spinning class, and definitely pushing myself on my own. I was actually sweating so much at Spinning the other night I could smell myself. Ew. I'm pretty sure the chick next to me smelled me too. I'm not ashamed though...that was the smell of fitness success.

Speaking of Spinning, I was pleasantly surprised that my first-time instructor Tom showed up to sub for one of the instructors the other night. I also noticed that he got his ear pierced. Complete with a gold hoop. Sorry, Tom, 1989 called and they want their man-pierced ear back. The only thing that could have made that better was if he had a gold dangly cross earring. Those are my favorite throw-back man earrings. I'm pretty sure they were made famous by George Michael.

Anyway, other than that, my only complaint was that there were THREE Nickleback songs in the mix. Hey Nickleback...the dream is dead. Let's just move on, okay?

Tom totally kicked my ass in all his padded spandex, cycling jersey-wearing glory. It makes me think about switching from Tuesday to Thursday just to take his class. Maybe I'll buy him a new earring.

No comments: