Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 3 - Get Some!

We're in the beginning of Week 3 since the breakup with my flab, and I have to say that things are going pretty well.

Today, not one, but two different people told me that I looked like I was losing weight! Woohoo! I wish I knew if I actually was. You're probably thinking, "Well, stupid, just go weight yourself." Easier said than done.

I now officially own two scales that do not work. The first, a digital scale that I purchased a while ago at Walmart, started to malfunction. I'd step on it one minute, and it would tell me I lost 10 pounds. The next minute...it would tell me I gained 15. Now, I know I gain weight easily, but COME ON!

The other is not digital (but I can't remember what you call it.) You know, it's the old school kind with the red pointer that shows you your doom (aka your weight.) Well, I stepped on that, and it was 10 pounds heavier than I was on the other scale. I recalibrated it...then I was 15 pounds heavier. Nile even stepped on so I could confirm I wasn't some freak of nature.

The moral of my story is I need to find a decent scale to measure my progress. One that won't malfunction on me the minute I buy it. 

I've also been working out pretty hard and keeping a food journal, so that's been helping a lot. 

My current favorite diet foods have included:

String Cheese - 2% Polly-O

Skinny Cow French Vanilla Truffle Bars. Only 100 calories. Delicious.

Yoplait Light Pineapple Upside Down Cake. My current fave flavor of yogurt. Until I eat too much of it and can't stand the sight of it. Which might happen soon.

Cascadian Farms Organic Honey and Oat Granola. This goes in the above yogurty treat to make my everyday breakfast at my desk.


No comments: