Thursday, March 25, 2010

April Fools!

April Fools' Day is upon us.

It's no secret that Nile and I are pranksters. We like to play pranks on our friends, family, co-workers, and obviously each other.

In 2006, I believe it was, Nile got me good. We were laying in bed on a Sunday morning, and Nile says "I have to talk to you about something."

Ok, nothing EVER good comes after that phrase. Immediately I'm thinking...he cheated on me, he doesn't want to get married anymore (since we were recently engaged)...

Then he says, "I've been keeping this from you for a long time, and I think it's time to tell you."

Literally, my heart sank to the floor. I just thought to myself, "This is it. Hand over the ring...it's over."

Nile: "When we were in college, before I knew you, I kind of had this thing for someone else."

Ok, another girl in college before me, whatever...I can handle that.

Nile: "It was a guy."

WHOAAAA! RED ALERT! I think I almost threw up all over his face.

Me: "Oh my God, are you gay? Is that what you're telling me?"

Nile: "Well I don't think so...it was just this thing that happened."

Me: "YOU'RE GAY! OH MY GOD! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED AND YOU TELL ME THIS NOW!"

I threw off the covers and was on a rampage around the room to throw things and cry. Then, he looks at me, smiles deviously and says:

"APRIL FOOLS!"

He got me. I believed him. I thought he was going to piddle his pants from laughing so hard at me. At first I was mad, because I had just been up and down a very bumpy emotional roller coaster for the past 3 minutes of my life. But then, I laughed...hard. I think I snorted.

No comments: