Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Yesterday, I saw a commercial that reminded me of yet another reason I love Spring. Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Which made me start to think of all my guilty pleasures. Those which I will now share with you, and hope you don't judge me in the process (but I'll understand if you do.)

1. Peanut butter and chocolate...duh. - Whoever thought of putting these two ingredients together deserves to have my first-born child named after them.

2. Miley Cyrus - Yup, that's right. You cannot tell me that when "Party in the USA" comes on the radio, you don't tap your toes. If you say no, you are a liar. This song makes me super happy, and yes, I blast it in my car driving home from work. And sing. Loudly.

3. Real Housewives of Orange County - This show is chock-full of women who are a complete train wreck, but I love it.

4. 16 and Pregnant - I LOVE this show. I haven't quite pin-pointed exactly why yet. I remember one night, it got me so angry, I was yelling at the baby daddy on the screen. Enter Nile, who shakes his head, tells me that I perpetuate these crazy shows, and walks away.

5. Trashy Celebrity Gossip Magazines - When I used to travel for work, these were my favorite traveling companions. Nothing turns your mind off like finding out how many plastic surgeries Heidi Montag had that week, or finding out the newest scandal of Kate and Jon Gosselin's divorce. I haven't indulged in the magazine portion for a while, but I do religiously check People.com every single day for the lastest and greatest. My friend Katie and I share a passion for this, and pride ourselves in reporting breaking celebrity news to each other. I called her the minute I heard Michael Jackson died, and Tuesday, she called to tell me that Corey Haim died of an overdose. Yep, there are wars, and starving children, but sometimes, I just want to know who Kate Hudson is dating.

6. Cuteoverload.com - This website is full of cute puppies, kittens and other small creatures. Seriously, you can spend hours just baby-talking to the screen. So many cute little puppy faces and paw-paws, with little scrunchy noses. Ahem. I mean...it's really cute. You should definitely check it out for pics like this:



No comments: