Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe Roundup: Grapenut Pudding

Yes, you read that right. Grapenuts. Like the cereal. In a pudding. Your reaction is probably the same as everyone who I've ever told about it. Disgust, intrigue. How could that possibly be good? Well my friends, it is SO good. 


This is a central PA specialty, as is Grapenut ice cream. I think it's an Amish thing. But it's certainly a delicious thing. And really really easy. 




Grapenut Pudding

2 small or 1 large containers of whipped topping (regular or light)
2 small or 1 large box of vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 cup Grapenuts cereal

Take one cup of milk and add it to the Grapenuts and let them soak for 10 minutes. Using the other 2 cups of milk, mix with the instant pudding. Fold in whipped topping and mix in Grapenuts.  And you're done!

I advise letting it set up for about an hour. 

Seriously, I dare you to try it. And them come back and tell me how awesome I am for giving you this recipe. 

No comments: