Friday, July 22, 2011

Fitness Friday

Oh, hello Friday! Nice to see you! Have I ever told you that you're my favorite? No? You are. You should come around more often. 


And because it's Friday, I shall share with you a cute Puggy photo, courtesy of Pinterest:





Another week, another workout. Obviously, I already told you all about my adventures in kickboxing from Tuesday. I'm still feeling the effects of that one. And, oh by the way, it's as hot as the seventh circle of Hell here right now, so my outside running has been at a bare minimum. I'm all about pushing myself, but 119 degree heat index will melt me faster than a frozen margarita in the blazing sun. Speaking of...is it happy hour yet?


Here's a roundup of all things fitness for me this week:


Sunday: A nice little run at the park near my parents' house. The track was flat, which was amazing. Because I ended up running longer than I have yet. Seeing as how the neighborhood around my house is a maze of hills and inclines, the flat course was a relief. 


Monday: Rest day. 


Tuesday: Kickboxing ass-kicking


Wednesday: Treadmill jog (before the belt decided to fray and give out) and a nice combo of squats/lunges.


Thursday: Morning run/walk. Mostly walk because dammit if I didn't still feel awful from Tuesday's ass-kicking. Then in the evening I did some weight training and more squats/lunges.


Friday: I have a date with my girl Jillian Michaels and the 30 Day Shred, followed by 6 Week 6 Pack. Jealous? You should be. 


Saturday: I plan to get up as early as possible to run before the heat swoops in. 


My goal next week? To get my lazy behind out of bed by 6:00 AM and get in a morning run. At least twice. I can do that, right? Who wants to give me a wakeup call? 


PS - In other exciting news, I'll be hosting my very first giveaway soon, and YOU (that's right, YOU) can be the winner! Details to follow. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That puggy photo is to die for.

Sara Strand said...

I really want to do kickboxing, but A) I have no friends who want to do it and B) I seriously can't afford it and C) they are all offered at weirdo times so I'd never get there anyways.