Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome Home, Hubs!

After 3 very long months, I FINALLY have my husband back! I picked him up from the airport this morning and he had a lot more hair and a lot less weight than when I saw him last. His thick, curly hair is growing wild and now has a tinge of red, thanks to his red-headed mama. 


And apparently, working overseas is a great way to lose weight. He looks fantastic and is back down to his college weight. He admittedly didn't watch what he ate, but he did work out for a staggering 90 minutes a day about 6-7 days a week. Perhaps they should ship me overseas and I'll get back down to my fighting weight. My 45 minutes on the elliptical/treadmill at the gym feels like 4 hours, so 90 minutes might send me over the edge. And I certainly don't work out 6-7 days a week. I always strive for 5, but 4 is usually my average.


He also came home to a brand new house. And a body clock that's completely out of whack. He's been sleeping since 2:30 PM, it's now 8:15 PM and there are no signs of him even stirring. I tried to wake him up to see if he wanted to eat, but he just made a series of grunting noises and went back to sleep. I'm sure it will take a few days for his body to readjust. And for me to readjust to him being home. I'm used to being by myself and my own routine, but now I have someone else to worry about again. 


I'm so thankful he's home safe. Plus, that means I finally have someone to do the yard work...and take out the trash...and do the heavy lifting...and help take out the dogs. My bathrooms might be dirtier and my living room more cluttered, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome home, hubs :)

No comments: