Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Virtual Playland of Visual Inspiration

Perhaps you’ve been planning your wedding or looking for new home décor ideas. Or you just want to fill your mind with images of cute puppies and cuddly kittens. You hop on Google images and search for on your topic for photos to provide you with inspiration. But your search returns a mish mash of images…some relating to your search and others way in left field (how does a search for blue-striped décor return you an image of a circus clown?)



If this sounds like you, then you need to visit my new favorite addiction website, Pinterest. Many of my blogger friends started displaying images they found on Pinterest, so I decided to check it out. And after requesting an invitation and conducting my first search (for painted wine glasses), I was hooked.


Think of a topic…any topic. There’s images that will match it. Find an image you like? “Pin” it to one of your “idea boards” that you can personalize. Suddenly, all the images that give you inspiration in many facets of your life are in one location. Plus, you can follow others with similar tastes. See what they’re pinning and maybe you’ll be even more inspired (I know, it’s a lot of inspiration from one website.) All the photos are linked back to their little corner of the Web, so you can see where they came from. This is particularly good for items you’d like to purchase or recipes. Let's have a look at some of my pins, mmmkay?


When I have a baby, he/she shall have their little photo taken just like this.

My initial. I think I'll paint it on something.

Dave Matthews quote. A. It's true. B. I think I'll paint that on something too.

Teehee! Cute puggy quote.

A girl can dream, right? Too bad my laundry is in my basement. But I like the setup.


See all the inspiration that awaits you on Pinterest? It’s addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Now, go follow me (http://pinterest.com/heatherjp12/), so I can follow you too! Happy pinning!

No comments: