Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Year

It's hard to believe that in just a few days, 2010 will come to a close. It's been quite a year...mostly turbulent, sometimes hard to deal with, but always interesting.


Unfortunately, I've dealt with two deaths...both my grandmothers. A mere 6 months apart. My family and I just got through our first Christmas without them, in combination with hubs being away, it wasn't the best of Christmases. 


Nile's been away for 9 out of the last 10 months. And when this thing is all said and done, he'll be gone practically a year. I've surprised myself in dealing with his absence. I thought I would be depressed all the time, but having an abundance of family and incredibly supportive friends around has helped me SO much. I've truly been blessed with the best friends and family I could ever ask for. 


And to complete the circle of life, two beautiful baby girls entered my world! My baby niece Lena was born in August and she's absolutely precious. I can't wait to watch her grow up. And, one of my very best friends, Amanda, had a baby girl just a month ago. I still haven't met her in person, but I'm planning a trip for February! Babies have been on the brain for me. Likely (and hopefully) Nile and I will have a little one on the way in 2011.


My sister got engaged in September, which is still hard to imagine. She went from a girl that swore she'd never get married, to suddenly being engaged and step-mom-to-be to four young girls. June 11...she'll be a Mrs! My next few months will likely be consumed with wedding planning and Matron of Honor duties.


Speaking of weddings, almost all of my college friends made the trip down the aisle this year. From Ohio to New Jersey, we've hit them all! I even served as a groomswoman in one :) One of my best friends and college roommate got engaged last week, so I'm already booking up my wedding calendar for 2011. I'm just waiting on one more...ahem...Katie.


I haven't yet sat down to write my resolutions, but I'll surely be doing that tomorrow. I need to go back in time to the day I started this blog and have a look at what I resolved for 2010. I know I didn't complete some of them, but I definitely checked off others. Some people say it's pointless to have resolutions. But it gives me something to strive for...completed or not. 


Stay tuned!



No comments: