Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Fill-in-the-Blank

I got this from another blog I follow...it's a Christmas fill-in-the-blank. Since it's my fave time of year, I thought I'd answer the questions.

1. Holiday spirit is: a warm fuzzy feeling that takes over me come Thanksgiving. It's a time to spend with family and friends, shopping, eating, decorating and enjoying each other's company. 

2. The holidays are incomplete without: Christmas decorations! I thought I might feel Scrooge-like this year without hubs, but when it came down to it, I couldn't have a house without Christmas lights, a tree and decor. 


3. My favorite thing about the holidays is: this is a really hard question. I love everything about Christmas. I love the smells, gingerbread, cookies, spices, evergreen. The lights! My parents used to take us out for drives when we were kids to look at the lights around town. Shopping. I love making lists of presents to buy for family and friends and get really excited when I find a good deal. And, yes, I'm done Christmas shopping. It's Dec. 7th. 


4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is: We have a lot. Gathering together Christmas Eve is our big one. Nana always hosted a big Christmas Eve at her house with lots of food and family. Everyone showered her with gifts, and every year she would say, "Oh my glory...I hope these aren't all for me!?" Every.single.year. I know she secretly like it :) This year, we'll continue the tradition. It's going to be sad, but we're doing our best to honor her memory.



Also, my sister, mom and I have a tradition of eating cookies for breakfast on Christmas day. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember. Not the healthiest, but it's only once a year. 


I also don't shower before opening gifts. The only exception to this was the year that Nile proposed to me on Christmas Day. Him and my mom INSISTED I shower...and I was PISSED. Buttt, it was worth it in the end :) Thank goodness I wasn't all crazy-looking for the pictures my mom took as he proposed. 

5. Holiday music is: a necessity. I didn't start listening until after Thanksgiving this year, but I've been known to bust out some music beforehand. Luckily, since I moved from PA, there's always been a radio station around that broadcasts only Christmas music during the holiday season. This year was no exception. And it's programmed into my radio presets in my car. Also, and I'm just putting it out there, one of my favorite Christmas CDs of all time is New Kids on the Block: Funky, Funky Christmas.


6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays: with my parents. Hubs and I go there every year, because Christmas is a special time for my family, rich with tradition. This year is no exception...but I'll be minus hubs :(  


7. Holiday wish list: The unrealistic wish is for hubs to come home. But that won't happen, so we'll have to have Christmas in February for him. Material stuff...I definitely want a new digital camera. Mine is at the end of it's miserable life. It's been dropped more times than I care to admit. On more than one bar bathroom floor. It's captured a lot of great memories, but it's time for something a bit newer. 



Happy holidays!

No comments: