Thursday, May 27, 2010

Running, Running, Running

I'm officially on week 3 of the Couch to 5K training program and so far, so good. Today I ran for 8 minutes, which sounds terribly wimpy when you actually say it, but for me it's a big achievement.

What's even more exciting is that I'll be signing up for my first race...with a partner! Looks like I got my sister in on the action too. She's starting the program on Monday!

We discovered the Free to Breathe 5K run/walk for lung cancer research in Harrisburg in August, so that will be our first race. Right now, we're trying to get a team together to run/walk for Team Nana, since you can run/walk in memory of someone. It's awesome that we'll be able to do this and all the money goes to lung cancer research and education in Pennsylvania!

It also makes it more motivating to know that I have something to work towards. My goal is to finish...not finish first, second or even 20th place. Just finish.

No comments: