Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fitness Update

It's been a little while since I've talked about my fitness adventures. Here's an update.

Last week I sucked. I didn't go to the gym one day, although I had a decent excuse. My allergies had me so stuffed up I couldn't breathe. So I decided to take the week off and let my congestion go away.

This week I started out with a 2.5 mile walk in the new state park Nile and I found over the weekend. It was definitely nice to get outside because it was gorgeous out...unlike today.

Today, I'm not sure what possessed me to do it, but I had heard someone talk about the "Couch to 5K" plan. So I did some Googling and found the training schedule. I've decided to give it a whirl and see how far I go on it. Today was easy because I've already been working out. It did become apparent however, that I need to purchase a new pair of sneakers because mine no longer have any support.

We'll see how the running thing goes. Once upon a time, running a mile was nothing. We did a mile run for the WARM-UP for field hockey practice. I also ran track where I did the hurdles...yes, you read that right. I know it's hard to believe my midget legs could get over them, but they could!

I'll document my progress. Perhaps seeing Katie complete an entire TRIATHALON will motivate me. She's only got a little over a month...and she has to swim in the Schukill. I still think when she emerges, she'll be radioactive, but that's not stopping her.

Speaking of which, she's only a mere $800 from her fundraising goal! So please, help her out! It's for a great cause, the Leukemia and Lymphona Society. She's racing in memory of our friend Kari's dad who died of multiple myeloma. You can donate here:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/epa/philtri10/kstevenqyl

Andddd, if you like any Philadelphia sports teams, when you donate you get a pretty sweet discount at this website:

http://phillyphaithful.com/

Now for a shower...I can smell myself.

No comments: