Monday, October 18, 2010

WW Update

It's been a while since I've given a Weight Watchers update. Things have been going well! The plan is definitely easy to follow. It was hard to get used to at first. Measuring out portions was a pain, but now I've got it down. I definitely had my portion sizing allllll wrong. What I thought was one cup, definitely was NOT! 


I'm in about week 4 and I'm down 7 pounds. That's a little less than I wanted it to be however, I had a wedding (drinking/eating/drinking some more) and a trip to Texas (drinking/Mexican food), so I overindulged a bit. I think if I would have stuck to it on both occasions, I would have been down 4 more pounds. Sometimes, when I drink a glass of wine, it ends up as 2, then 3, then the entire bottle. Not so good for the waist. 


Anyway, I also haven't been too great at my workouts. Today I started fresh at the gym on the treadmill. I decided to go with the treadmill today because of this article:


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39721749/ns/health-fitness/

It weighs which is the best machine...treadmill or the elliptical. Treadmill won. 


I also watched 2012 while I was working out. That's what happened to be on at the Cardio Theater. Not such an uplifting movie. 


My current favorite Weight Watchers friendly food is the Tomato Basil Parmesan Boca Burger:


I had never tried a meatless burger before and didn't have high hopes, but these are fantastic.  If you put them on an Arnold's Sandwich Thin, it's only 2 points for the whole thing. And for someone on WW, that's music to your ears.

Overall, I'm giving WW a two thumbs up. 

No comments: