Friday, October 29, 2010

No Halloween for Me

It's Halloween weekend and sadly, I will not be participating in shenanigans this year for a few reasons. First, it's just not the same without hubs around. He and I LOVE Halloween and always dress up as a couple. Without him here, it's just not as fun. Second, I have to work all weekend, so I require my 8 hours of sleep to be functional. 


I will be receiving trick-or-treaters for the first time in MD. We were at a wedding last year, so we missed the neighborhood trick-or-treat fun. I bought 4 big bags of candy, but I was told today that my supply would probably not last me the whole night. I'm rationing it. I'm not going to be that house where you can take 2-3 pieces of candy. You get one. If I see kids reaching into my plastic pumpkin bucket grabbing an obnoxious handful, I'm not going to be happy. Although, I'm pretty sure that attitude is going to get my house egged or TPed. 


I know you're probably wondering, "What delicious candy treats will you be handing out?" I have purposely not purchased any chocolate confections because I will consume them. And they're way too many WW points. 


So, if you bring your kids to my house, they can have their choice of one of the following treats:

  1. Skittles Fun Size (Original, Sour and Crazy Cores...whatever that means)
  2. Starburst Original
  3. Gummysavers...Sweet AND Sour
  4. Nerds
I was thinking of going the non-candy route and handing out fun size packets of Goldfish crackers, but then I was really putting myself in danger of being egged. 
I bought these candies because they're all only one WW point in the event I indulge. Plus, I was sure I'd have leftovers, but I don't see that in the cards. 

No comments: