Monday, June 25, 2012

Baby Update: 22 Weeks

It's time for another baby update! It's been about 3 weeks since I posted the last update and a few things have changed. Specifically, this tummy keeps getting bigger and momma can't fit into her non-maternity clothes anymore.

Boom. Belly at almost 22 weeks.

Total Weight Gain: Still down 8.5 pounds. I've put on 1.5 pounds in the last few weeks. I'm thinking most of that is baby, seeing as how he weighs almost a pound. 

Maternity Clothes: Yessss. I have about 2 pairs of prepreg pants that I'm barely squeaking by in. I'm trying to stretch out my time in them. But for the most part, I'm just about in maternity wear exclusively. 

Stretch Marks? Not that I've seen...thank goodness. Guess I should invest in some cocoa butter though, huh? 

Sleep: I'm still sleeping! I wake up several times a night usually. Once to pee. Once because I'm uncomfortable. But I tend to wiggle myself into a comfortable position and slip right back into sweet slumber. And I'm still half sleeping on my stomach since it's still comfortable for me...and I've been assured by the doctor I am not crushing the little boy by doing this. Yes, I asked.

Movement: This kid is officially on the move. Kicks seem to be getting stronger every day and now they can be felt on the outside. He likes to be active after I eat and when I want to sleep, which I hear is very common. 

Exercise: I'm still getting cardio in about 4 times a week, depending on the week. And by cardio, I mean walking. Boring, but effective. 

Food cravings: No strong cravings as of late. I'm still on the popsicle train. I really like all things frozen, like ice cream, frozen yogurt. I'm also enjoying a lot of fresh fruit too. My appetite is "hearty" as they say in the books. I like to be eating at all times. Which is why it shocks me that I haven't gained more weight, but I'd like to keep it that way. It would be amazing if I could end this pregnancy lighter than when I got pregnant. 

Belly Button In or Out: It's starting to pop out. I only noticed this today. Weird.

Milestone: I bought some outfits for the little guy last week. I just couldn't help myself. And I'm hoping next time hubs is home we can seriously start to think about some names or this kid is going to come home from the hospital as Baby A. 

No comments: