Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's finally Christmas time again! 


And yes, I put up decorations before Thanksgiving. Not too much before though...just a few days. But seriously, when you think about it, putting them up after Thanksgiving gives you less than a month to enjoy them. Why not give it a few extra days?


The last two years, hubs and I got a real tree. However, with him being away this year, I figured it would be way smarter for me to put up the artificial, pre-lit, kind of sad-looking tree we bought the first Christmas we lived together. Usually, we go tree shopping and he dutifully shakes out and stands up at least a dozen trees until I finally pick the one that suits me. Then, we tie it to the roof of my car. Last year, we almost lost it in the middle of the highway. True story. 


He helps me decorate when I ask him to...usually with at least a little bit of whining. The first year in our house, we spent hours putting up lights all around the outside of the house. We lit them up and were so proud...it was a very Clark Griswold moment. Cut to the next day when we came home from work and ALL the lights we worked so hard to put up had been blown off the house by the wind. We gave up. 


I put a few around the door last year, but this year I think I'll just stick with the wreath. 


Happy holidays!

No comments: