Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Angel Giving Tree

My favorite time of the year is right around the corner. It's the holidayyyssss!


Though Christmas will be different this year, with the absence of hubs, Nana and Grandma, I'm going to try really hard to make the best of it. 


I've definitely already started Christmas shopping. Like...before Halloween. What can I say? I find a deal and I roll with it. 


And since I'm minus a few people to shop for this year, it's left me with a little extra cash. Other than spoiling my parents and sister, I decided to help someone in need that might not otherwise have something under the tree. 


With the Internet, it's become ridiculously easy to help give back to your community. The Salvation Army has partnered with JCPenney to launch the Angel Giving Tree.


www.jcp.com/angel 


It's seriously the easiest thing ever. You enter your zip code, the age of child you want and the gender. Then wishlists of anonymous kids in your area pop up. You can peruse and pick the angel you'd like to sponsor. JCPenney even allows you to order online and ship for free to the local Salvation Army donation headquarters. 


So, if you have a few extra bucks this season, consider giving back to a child in need!

No comments: