We had a lovely celebration of Earth Day at work today, where several vendors came out to show us what we can do to help conserve. I learned that I have a below average carbon footprint, which is good news. I also learned that eating meat contributes to global warming.
Unfortunately for Mother Earth, I'm going to continue eating meat...because I'm a carnivore. However, I will try to make an effort to include one meatless meal into my week. That's about all I can stand.
I have tried over the past year to do a few things to do my part to conserve, such as:
- Using reusable shopping bags
- Recycling as much as I can
- Using a Brita instead of buying water bottles
- Taking shorter showers
- Growing my little garden
- Bike to work...it's 29 miles each way
- Grow a full on vegetable garden...perhaps if my tomato plant survives, I'll move on to a second vegetable
- Unplug all electronics while not in use...we have so many, it would take me an hour just to unplug them all
- Eat a vegan diet...I hear it's fantastic for your body, however, I really like meat
- Compost...I'm just too lazy to do this