Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fitness Progress

Today was a day of victory. I measured and I'm down an inch in my waist, bringing me to 1.5 inches lost! Woohoo!

Now, you might be wondering why I'm so obsessed with measuring my waist. I'm still interested in my other parts becoming slimmer, however I happen to be cursed with what my sister and I like to call the "Gut, Butt and Gobbler."

Yes, all the women on my mother's side of the family have trouble with these areas. We gain all our weight in our gut first (awesome), butt second (even better), and then we develop that extra flabby skin/fat combo under our chin (impossible to get rid of). It's nice to know I'm not the only one that struggles with this...my family can totally relate (thanks for that gene, Nana :) )

I've started varying up my ab work, which I'm sure is helping. Per Katie's recommendation, I'm laying flat on a mat, with my legs at a 90 degree angle, then Nile stands in front of me and throws my legs down. My objective is to keep them from hitting the ground. This may sound harmless, but it's hardddd! Also, beware, because it pushes all excess gas out of your stomach. I'm just saying.

Also, yesterday I had my first spinning class in two weeks (I hadn't been able to make some of the classes), and there was a new instructor. Now, picture in your mind this image:

  • Male
  • Approximately 40 years of age
  • Skinny, but with awkward muscles
  • Cycling jersey with "Spinning" in block letters across the front
  • Yellow cycling hat with the brim up
  • Black, yellow and white spandex shorts with padding in the front AND the back
  • AND the word "Spinning" across the ass

In a word...amazing. And he danced on his bike to the music. Definitely one of the best classes yet. He totally kicked my behind to the point where I could only lay down in a certain position. Totally worth it though...I can just feel the fat melting off the gobbler.

No comments: