Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Black Thumb Turned Green?

Every year, when the weather starts to get warmer, I get the itch to plant something. Last year, I tried my hand at tomatoes, basil, and peppers.

The results? Dead plants and crushed dreams.

This year, I've done a pretty good job of keeping my houseplants alive. That gives me some indication that perhaps my black thumb is showing a tinge of green.

So, here I go again. I went to Home Depot on Sunday and bought the following:
  1. 1 tomato plant
  2. 1 basil plant
  3. 1 lavendar plant
  4. 1 rosemary plant
Now, you may say to yourself, "But Heather, you have failed at growing tomatoes and basil. Why would you try again?"

If you ask Nile, it's because I like to waste money. If you ask me, it's because I've done research (on the internets of course), and I believe I have found my mistakes and am ready to fix them.

Each plant is in a pot on my back deck, getting the most sun possible (because the little tag thingys says they need 'full sun'...I think I failed to read that last year.)

It's Day 3...they aren't dead yet. Perhaps if I succeed, I will move on to peppers.

No comments: