Monday, April 23, 2012

Asian Glazed Pork Chops

Here we are. Hubs is gone again. He was home for a brief visit, which was fantastic, but now he's back to work for probably another month. Boooo. But, this is what I signed up for, right?

The worst thing about hubs being gone is the fact that I have to make up for the yard work. Which I believe I've mentioned here before...I hate. Although, I'm starting to get better at the whole mowing the lawn thing. And luckily, we have a riding mower, so there's not too much physical exertion for this preggo. The weedwhacking is a little worse and weeding worse still. But who else is going to do it?

Now that my appetite is starting to come back bit by bit, I've started cooking for one again. Tonight I whipped up two little Asian Glazed Pork Chops. Curious? 

Asian Glazed Pork Chops

2 bone in pork chops
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Salt and pepper

Warm oil in skillet. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and sear in pan. About 5-6 minutes per side depending on thickness. Mix the remainder of the ingredients and add to the pan. Reduce for 2-3 minutes. Serve pork chops with extra sauce. 

You all are lucky this recipe didn't involve pickles...

No comments: