Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pregnancy Diet

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments! We're very excited, that's for sure. This baby will definitely change everything about our lives.

I've learned so far that pregnancy is the best weight loss program ever. What? You didn't know? Yep, that's right. I'm one of the lucky ones that's experienced all kinds of nausea and food aversions. I'm down 12 pounds, in fact. BUT I'm sure it's going to start packing on now. The last few days it seems like my appetite has returned to normal. Not a whole lot has made me gag.

The last few weeks though? Meat, vegetables (especially green leafy ones), frozen meals, fruit...all of it made me want to puke. The mere smell of it had me running to the restroom. I was living off applesauce, yogurt, string cheese, pasta and rice.

Meat made it's way back in the last week or so. And vegetables have also made an appearance. I'm still a little hesitant when it comes to broccoli. Something about the texture has me grossed out. And I normally love broccoli. What do I want instead? All the sour gummy candy in the state of Maryland.

I guess the good thing about hubs being gone during the first trimester is that I didn't have to cook anything that would have made me gag. When he was home this weekend, he got to see me run back and forth to the bathroom when my lunch made its reappearance.

11 weeks down...29 weeks to go!

No comments: