Monday, May 2, 2011

New Gym: Day One

Today was my first day at my new gym. It's a Bally's and I don't like it nearly as much as Golds for a few reasons:


1. It doesn't have a cardio theater. In Golds, I could watch a movie on a big screen and hide in the back of a dark room where no one was looking at me. Because I'm self conscious.  And I always think I have butt sweat. You know exactly what I'm talking about too.


2. It doesn't have a women's only section. I'm all for gender equality, but I also feel uber intimidated lifting my 8 pound weights in front of a gorilla juicehead (thank you, Jersey Shore) lifting dumbells the size of a small child. 


3. I can't tune in to the TVs with the FM tuner on my iPod. So you're forced to listen to the craptastic music on the Bally's fitness channel and watch the subtitles on CNN. 


4. The parking situation leaves a lot to be desired. Tight spaces and not many of them. I'm bound to back into something...or someone. 


On the plus side:


1. It's cheaper than Golds at $21/month.


2. It not only has an indoor pool, but an outdoor pool that will open May 31. This excites me. 


3. They still offer Spin class (except the don't start until 6:30...which is when my motivation starts to wave buh-bye.)


4. It's 5 minutes from my house. 


Today, I worked it out for 40 minutes on the elliptical (yay, me!) And I didn't get terribly bored. Although tomorrow I think I'll be bringing a magazine for a little more entertainment. I have 15 pounds to lose before hubs comes home at the beginning of June. I've got 2 down. 13 to go!

No comments: