Monday, March 12, 2012

Could It Be? A Spring?!

Could it be that we might actually have a Spring this year? I hate to say this, as to not jinx myself. Because, well, Mother Nature has been known to dump a few feet of snow on me for my birthday in years past.

I think it's pretty safe to say, however, that we dodged a bullet this winter here in the great state of Maryland. Our snowfall was minimal. It wasn't terribly cold. Which was great for my heating  bill. Hell, hubs and I even got a snowblower from my uncle, bracing ourselves for a craptastic first winter in our house. Because, let's face it, we now have a driveway and a sidewalk to clear. But at least we never have to dig our cars out again. Hooray!

I had myself thoroughly convinced that, as soon as hubs left again, we'd get dumped on with the blizzard to end all blizzards. However, this week's forecast has no snow in sight. Instead? Sunny skies with highs in the 70s. That's what I'm talking about. I'll certainly be packing up the pups for some walks outside. Only after I get Wiggles' dagger nails trimmed. Those bitches are LETHAL right now. And since he's a total weiner, I have to take him to Petsmart and let them figure out how to trim them. Because my tactic of holding him against the ground with my body, while trying not to show him that I have nail clippers so he doesn't scream like a little girl, is not working anymore. I'll gladly shell out the $11 for that peace and quiet.

And thanks to Daylight Savings, I've got about an extra hour to get all this done. This week will be rough. I did lose an hour of sleep after all. It takes me a few days to get that back. It also takes me a few days to get used to it being pitch black when I get up. I think my workday should start at 10:00 AM, so I can get up in the light. No?

Happy Monday!

No comments: